Police and Legislation News
- NZ Arms Act 1983
- NZ Arms Regulations 1992
- Arms (Military Style Semi-automatic Firearms and Import Controls) Amendment Act 2012
- Arms (Prohibited Firearms, Magazines and Parts) Amendment Act 2019
- Police Firearms Application forms
- Police Firearms Manual 2002 (1.6Mb pdf)
- NZ Arms Code
- Online Mail Order of Sporting Firearms and Ammunition form S43A (Updated November 2015) (104k pdf)
- Police Firearms Safety Programme - Update (Added June 2018)
- Firearms New and Updates
- Additional Guidance Permit to Import Firearms (Added December 2018)
Special Reasons to Import (100k pdf)
New Zealand Police has established a Firearms Community Advisory Forum to act in a consultative and advisory capacity to Police.
The purpose of the Forum is to:
- provide a formal mechanism for representatives from the firearms community to input to the Police on policy relating to the Arms Act 1983 or the Arms Regulations 1992; and
- review and make recommendations for consideration by Police on firearms-related matters.
Membership of the Forum comprises both Police employees and non-Police employees. The non-Police members were selected for their:
- broad skills, knowledge and understanding of firearms and issues/legislation relating to firearms
- relevant practical experience and networks within the firearms community
- ability to represent a diversity of perspectives within the firearms community
- personal attributes and ability to work constructively with, and make a contribution to the Forum
- being a representative of an incorporated group (who can represent the views of the group rather than their individual view).